AquaSafe offers a complete Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid class and recertification classes by our American Red Cross certified instructors. Through our Lifeguarding class, you will learn surveillance skills, teamwork, rescue, First Aid and CPR/AED and other skills you need to work as a Professional Lifeguard. The purpose of the lifeguarding course is to teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drowning and injuries.
Training sessions are usually scheduled in the spring; please see the class registration schedule below.
To be eligible to participate in AquaSafe Lifeguarding Program employees must meet the following Lifeguard Prerequisites as determined by the American Red Cross:
- Be a minimum of 15 years of age by the last day of the course attended;
- Be able to attend all training classes which are approximately thirty (25-32) hours;
- Be able to swim 300 yards continuously (without stopping) demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both. Please note: Swimming on the back or side is not permitted. Swim goggles are allowed.
- Be able to complete the following timed event (within 1 minute, 40 seconds): starting in the water swim 20 yards; surface dive to the depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object and return it to the surface and swim back to the starting point (wearing goggles is not allowed). Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
- Be able to tread water for 2 minutes without using their arms and without stopping.
Because this training has swimming requirements, you must bring a bathing suit and towel. If you do not bring these items, you will not be able to participate in the training.
Become a Professional Lifeguard with AquaSafe!
REGISTER FOR OUR LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES BEFORE THEY FILL UP!!!